Coming from somewhere deep below the earth, it’s the midweek report. Sponsored by Ralph’s Fried Chicken. Come down to their location attached to the Sinclair gas station off of Rural Route 40. It’s powerful good!
It is Wednesday and there is some Titans news. DaQuan Jones’ roster spot has been given to tight end Luke Stocker. The team hopes that Stocker can become Anthony Faso’s replacement. Additonally, Rishard Matthews and Logan Ryan are still questionable for Sunday.
In other news the national media has been hammering the Titans, calling them a bad team, and the worst 8-4 team in the league. Honestly, they are probably right. Besides from few areas, such as punting and run defense, this team is pretty mediocre. However, going back to the glory days with McNair and George I always loved it with the media hates on the Titans. Part of it is because they always seem to play better with they are either being ignored or trashed by the national media. For instance, in 2002 after the bad start, they were totally ignored. In fact, they had zero players in the pro bowl. That team finished 11-5 and went to the AFC championship. Again in 2008 the national media said that their record was a mirage and that they would collapse by mid season. However, they finished 13-3. Furthermore, last year the team was ignored and ridiculed by the national media after the slow start. They went on a mid season tear. When they gained hype, things fell apart. Thus, I think it is good that the team is being called out. They have not earned anything. Maybe this can light a fire under their ass.
Anyway, here are 10 things that I think could be true about the NFL and the world around us.
- I think Stocker will actually help the offense a lot. They desperately need a quality blocking tight end that is a threat to catch the ball. He’s not the missing link by any means, but he will help.
- I think this offense will not figure it out this year. At this point, this is who they are, pedestrian.
- I think Terry Robiskie gets fired this offseason. I know that him and Mularkey are buddies, but I have a feeling that Mularkey is going to have to let his friend go after the franchise jewel (Marcus) finishes with the worst numbers of his career.
- I think Mariota has definitely regressed at this point. It is a combination of a lot of issues, and hopefully they can solve most of them this off-season.
- I think Corey Davis will finish the season strong. I have zero reason to think this, other than blind fan optimism.
- I think the Saints are the best team in the league. Their offense is a lot of fun to watch.
- I think Jon Gruden would be a terrible college coach. His offense was too complicated for veteran NFL qbs! I don’t get it.
- I think that I hate fantasy football and will never play again.
- I think the NFL has by far the worst officiating in pro sports and desperately needs to fix it.
- I think The Last Jedi will be pretty great, and I am super exited to see it.